|War On The Mind|
Trauma, Survival and Resilience in Palestine and Israel
Saturday 15 May 2021 from 09:00 – 16:30 BSTTickets for the event are available here:
Bradford on Avon Friends of Palestine and the UK Palestine Mental Health Network host this international online conference. It will look at the impact of occupation, brutality, oppression and conflict on the mental health of Palestinians and Israelis – as individuals, communities and societies.
The panel will include:
– Harry Fear (journalist and film-maker)
– Dr Samah Jabr (psychiatrist, psychotherapist and writer
– Dr John Soos (clinical psychologist and activist)
– Maria Chambers (project coordinator with the Firefly Project)
– Dr Mohamed Altawil and David Harrold (Palestine Trauma Centre)
– Dr Ruchama Marton (psychiatrist, psychotherapist and feminist activist)
The Conference will take place throughout the day on Zoom Webinar and will launch with Harry Fear’s feature documentary “Gaza: Still Alive”. The film is built around the reflections of staff at the Gaza Community Mental Health Programme. You can view the film PRIOR to the Conference itself using this link:
Twitter users, please re-post this tweet from the UK-Palestine Mental Health Network about the conference:
PLEASE NOTE: The UK-Palestine Mental Health Network will not be organising an online Dardesheh informal meeting on Saturday 15 May due to the Network involvement in this War on the Mind conference
1. PSC petition
Demand UK Foreign Office support for the Jerusalemite families at imminent risk of forced eviction from their homes.
2. New Decolonize Palestine website
A collection of resources for organizers and anyone who wants to learn more about Palestine.
3. Cafe Palestine 23 recording
The recording of Cafe Palestine